22-09-2013

Trench

As ultimate fashionlovers, I'm sure the term 'trenchcoat' rings a bell. The story of this iconic piece of garment goes way back. The trenchcoat was initially developed as an alternative to the heavy serge greatcoats worn by British and French soldiers in the First World War and this invention is claimed by both Burberry and Aquascutum, two über-english luxury brands...

This sort of coat has remained fashionable in the decades following the World Wars. Due to their original role as part of an army officer's uniform, the trenchcoat lent a businesslike respectability. And that's why it's generally excepted that the trenchcoat can 'class up' your outfit! ;) 

I don't know exactly who's seen by the real inventor, but for me it's 100 % Burberry. I'm looking forward to the day when I'm one of their lucky-trenchcoat-customers. Until then, I have my Tommy Hilfiger version that replaces the one that I had from Zara... My wallet wasn't so happy with the investment, but I promised him that I'll use this one for years! (or definitely until I'm able to buy one from Burberry). 

For the occasion some british inspired pictures. Enjoy! 

Outfit: trenchcoat Tommy Hilfiger - blouse Zara - white T Velvet - pants Zara - shoes Vans X Liberty - watch Festina - umbrella from the photographer 

Pictures: julievscamera.wordspress.com 








Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten